What is CAN BUS?
CAN Bus is a data communications protocol where data is used to control and monitor the functionality of control systems on modern vehicles. CAN which stands for “Controller Area Network” is now being used by many vehicle manufacturers to increase reliability, reduce costs of components, reduce power consumption, reduce weight, therefore, offering better fuel consumption and for improved vehicle diagnostics.
Why Install a CAN BUS Alarm?
With vehicles becoming more difficult for thieves to steal, they are now breaking in, to steal accessories such as navigation systems, mobile phones and car-kits, radar detectors, stereos and any other items that they may find valuable. Most people assume that because they can lock their car with a remote, they automatically have an alarm system. This is not the case. From 1997, an EU law was passed to make the fitting of an immobiliser, mandatory. However, this was not applicable to alarm systems. More than 75% of vehicles sold, do not come with an alarm as standard. So, the onus of securing the vehicle is your responsibility. The Autowatch 695 CASN alarm system is insurance approved. Most insurance companies now require a Thatcham approved alarm and may offer you a discount for having an approved system fitted.
- Bonnet, boot or doors
- Breaking a window and leaning in to remove any contents
- Disconnecting the siren o
- Cutting your battery power supply (it has it’s own battery back up)
- Attempting to hot-wire your vehicle
- Hardwired PIR for the rear section for Vans with bulkheads
- Side door high position switch / anti-fold switch
- Pager output to connect to a wireless pager device or one a trackers for notification of alarm activation
- Window closure module
- Microwave sensor
- Operation via Autowatch Remote
- Double Lock (Deadlock output)
- Additional sensors
- Wireless P.I.R Sensor
- Wireless Reed Switch
- Extra Autowatch remote control compatible (Up to 6 maximum remotes / wireless sensors)
- Anti-jack sensor
- Dual zone proximity sensor
There are no reviews yet.